Thursday, March 10, 2011

A thought about trial and tribulation.

I was studying for my class today and came upon some very beautiful thoughts.  They remind me of my husband, he sees many things that they are from the Lord.  He always reminds me that trials are for our good and for the increase of patience.  Many blessings I have received in my life have told me that things will not get better as I had hoped they would, but I will be able to endure and it will be for preparing me for things to come and for the better.  I have seen this happen many times in my life and I feel Heavenly Father has set me up for success in being able to accomplish what is required of me and to increase my character so that I can become a better person.  The first part of the principle I am learning is found in the scriptures - it's a well known scripture found in Hebrews 12:6-11.  



6For whom the Lord loveth he achasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
 7If ye aendure bchastening, God dealeth with you as with csons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
 9Furthermore we have had afathers of our flesh which bcorrectedus, and we gave them creverence: shall we not much rather be indsubjection unto the eFather of fspirits, and live?
 10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of hisaholiness.
 11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the apeaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are bexercised thereby.
I will let you draw your own thoughts and feelings from this scripture on this subject.  For me it laid down the foundation for me to better understand the part I was most excited to share - a quote from my New Testament manual about trials.
"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted.  It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility.  All the we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, build up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and make s us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God... and is is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulations, that we gain the education that we come her to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven..." (Orson F. Whitney, as cited in Kimball, Faith Precedes the Miracle, p. 98.) 

Does this not speak peace and happiness to your soul?  Knowing that each trial will make you better and Heavenly Father allows them to happen because he loves us and wants us to be better, like a loving and caring parent.  I know that is does to me - Now just to remember it next time I am having a hard trial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment